Tuesday, August 26, 2008

wasabi ice cream

Wasabi is just great, a must for me with every Japanese dish. I had a sushi lunch today with my friend at Sushi Groove in OneUtama new wing. The dishes were good and having a variety of sushi instead of a bento box or rice with several Japanese dishes, is perfect when lunch is meant more to catch up with my friend instead of eating. It was like having dim sum (which incidentally was my lunch last Saturday).

There was plenty of room for dessert and while the all-time choice would be green-tea ice cream, I decided to be adventurous and go for the wasabi ice cream. No regrets, but I certainly won't ever have that for dessert again! The flavour is sweet at the start but as is the nature of wasabi, the pang hits later, just at the point where my throat starts. I could manage this confused state of having a dessert for about 10 teaspoon scoops, but it got unbearable after that.

Dessert is meant to be a delightful ending to a meal. I think I got faintly scorched with this dessert!

No comments: