Thursday, August 28, 2008

pigeon curry anyone?

They're poultry so they should taste like chicken, tastier maybe since they're smaller in size. I can cook the curry, but the bird's got to reach my kitchen all cleaned and cut, and cleaned. And I can't and won't get anyone to do all that bloody work for me.

Up on the fourth floor of my apartment building, on the drainage pipe just below the roof, a family of pigeons has made home. I'm on the first floor, and the pipe is right above where I have my clothes rack for drying laundry. So there's the problem that's got me thinking pigeon curry. The floor is covered in pigeon filth and although the cleaners do quite regularly wash it all off, unless the pigeons find another home (or are dealt with), the cleaning is pointless.

I've had to move my laundry rack further out on the landing which is fine on a sunny day. The original spot however offers shade and I had the luxury of just leaving my clothes to dry there, shine or rain. That spot was just so perfect; and that's why I'm now nursing murderous thoughts, but animal rights advocates needn't pounce on me.. bcause these are just thoughts, they'll never turn into action. Nope. Never. Ever. Really. I won't.

No comments: