Friday, August 29, 2008

doctors aren't always smart

Aside from my personal doctor at a clinic in my neighbourhood, my experiences with doctors have never been pleasant. I realise that just because they're doctors, they're not necessarily definitely smart. I mean, once I had thought one has got to be of above average intelligence to be a doc, but wiser me now, has learnt that that's not true.

When I was under employment, my panel doctors were never kind.. I remember two docs who actually bark. It's like they don't have to be nice because they know that I'm not paying the bill. But this changed when I became senior management at one of my past employment. Their tone of voice and facial expressions were softer, more pleasing... maybe they thought I could determine their continuity as panel with the company. I couldn't of course.

Now, I've found myself this really gem of a doc. When I consult with him... I know I've got his fullest attention. And he actually mulls over my prescription, about what's best for my ailment, even when I go to him with a common fever/flu. Now how great is that!

I'm thinking doctors today because I've got to see one next week, not to consult with but to discuss with, and I'm dreading it, not because she's nasty (for I now pay my own medical bills), but because I don't know how I can make her see reason. If I succeed, I might just change my opinion about doctors.

No comments: